Instant porridge is a great way to get your baby started on solid food. It’s easy to make, fast and convenient. This can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your infant. Instant rice and nuts porridge for babies is a great breakfast for babies above 6 months (after introducing the ingredients individually). Plus, it’s healthy and packed with nutrients, making it a good choice for babies who are starting out on their journey to becoming big kids!
Here is a tip to ensure that your baby enjoys this nutritious breakfast, instant rice and nuts porridge for babies.
Add fresh fruit or vegetable purees to add flavor and nutrients. Some ideas include bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, applesauce, peas, etc.
Health Benefits of Rice and Nuts
- Rice is a great source of carbohydrates, which are essential for energy. It also contains dietary fiber, vitamin B6, and thiamin, among other nutrients.
- Some health benefits of rice include improved digestion and absorption of other nutrients in the diet, lower risk of heart disease or stroke (due to its high-quality protein), prevention or treatment of type 2 diabetes due to its low glycemic index (which helps control blood sugar levels), and healthier skin.
- They contain more antioxidants and other nutrients that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Nuts are high in healthy fats, such as omega-3s and monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), which can improve heart health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases like cancer.
- They also contain antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fibre that may help to maintain a healthy weight and lower blood pressure.
- Additionally, nuts provide an easy way to get your daily dose of complex carbs without feeling guilty or overly stuffed.
- Nuts are high in healthy fats, which can help to reduce the risk of heart disease, dementia, and other chronic diseases.
- They also contain fiber and B vitamins, which can support good digestion and overall health.
- In addition to these health benefits, nuts are a great source of protein and minerals such as magnesium and potassium.
Instant Rice and Nuts Porridge for Babies Recipe
- Rice – 1 cup
- Ground nuts – 1/4 cup
- Almonds – 2-3
- Pistachio – 2-3
- Cashew nuts – 2-3
1. In a kadai, dry roast each ingredients separately under the low flame, until golden brown color.
2. Transfer it into a plate and allow it to cool down.
3. Once cooled, transfer it into a blender jar and blend till you get a fine powder. (Store the powder in an airtight container)
4. In a bowl, add 3 tbsp. of powdered mixture, add piping hot water gradually and mix well without lumps. 5. Keep the bowl closed for some time.
6. Healthy rice and nuts porridge for babies is ready to serve.
There are many different types and styles of rice available on the market today so it’s important to find the one that is best for the baby. In general, the rice which you use at home is good to be given for the baby. As porridge is one of the most loved foods for babies. One can easily make healthy porridge for babies with instant rice and nuts if they are out on a trip. Just follow the steps we mentioned above and you will be done in no time, making feeding time simpler than before!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I give my baby instant porridge?
Yes, but it’s important to opt for the natural products which are with no preservatives or additives.
Which porridge is best for weight gain for babies?
Rice and nuts porridge, ragi porridge, oats porridge, raw kerala banana porridge are all good for healthy weight gain in babies.
Can I give my 6 month old instant porridge?
Yes, Instant mixes with single ingredient, which are natural and with no preservatives, salt, sugar or additives are good to be introduced after 6 months completion.
Can I add nuts to rice and feed the baby?
Yes, but the individual nut powders has to be introduced first and then mixed nuts powder can be added in porridge varieties.
Can tree nuts be introduced before 1 year?
Yes, Nuts can be introduced after introducing the basic foods. But each nut has to be introduced in powdered form (added in recipes) one at a time. This can help to rule out any allergic reactions.
Instant Rice and Nuts Porridge for Babies
Lookingfor a nutritious, quick and easy meal that your baby will love? Instant Riceand Nuts Porridge for babies is perfect for you!
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Groundnuts
- 2-3 Almonds
- 2-3 Pistachio
- 2-3 Cashewnuts
In a kadai, dry roast each ingredients separately under the low flame, until golden brown color.
Transfer it into a plate and allow it to cool down.
Once cooled, transfer it into a blender jar and blend tillyou get a fine powder. (Store the powder in an airtight container)
In a bowl, add 3 tbsp. of powdered mixture, add piping hotwater gradually and mix well without lumps. Keep the bowl closed for some time.
Healthy rice and nuts porridge for babies is ready to serve.